Today, thanks to the contributions of scientific and technological progress to dentistry, tooth extraction is sometimes executed for protection of patient’s health or treatment plan despite of the first goal is to treat the tooth and keep it into the mouth.
We can resume these circumstances;
•Teeth which cannot be rescued by treatment because of decay or material loss highly
•Broken teeth that have no possibility to be treated as a result of hitting
•Teeth abscessed that cannot be rescued despite of canal treatment
•Dangling tooth because of the high degree tooth infection of gingiva at high
•Milk teeth which have not been expelled in the time
•Teeth causing the problems by reason of excessive location changing (turning, toppling)
•Teeth located in the cyst or tumor
•Some teeth can be extracted despite of the fact that they have no problems, with the aim of helping the orthodontics treatment because of the lack of space
The points to take into consideration after the extraction
1. Don’t rinse your mouth and don’t spit constantly (Otherwise you will cause a delay of the healing the extraction wound)
2. Bite the sterile gauze bandage which has been put to the extraction zone for at least 15-20 minutes by pressing tightly. Don’t put a second tampon after you throw the first one. Because tampon that you would like to put will never be steril.Clot on the wound will cling the tampon at every turn and it hinders stopping of your bleeding.
3. You may have bleeding in the form of leak. This bleeding can continue for between 6 and 24 hours. You should consult your doctor if you have much bleeding.
4. You may have ache. You can take a painkiller (instead of aspirin).Your pain will peak as soon as your local anaesthesia runs especially. It is a normal situation; you had better take a painkiller before the anaesthesia effects run.
5. Don’t smoke and drink alcohol for 24 hours
6. Don’t tamper the extracted zone with your tongue or by a material
7. The bone appears after extraction since the teeth connect the jaw bone and you can think that there is piece of your extracted teeth. So you should not be interested in extracted zone. Your gingiva will cover on the opened bone in several days.
8. Don’t eat something after extraction until your local anaesthesia runs out. You can wound the numb zones by biting involuntarily.
9. Don’t consume very hot or cold food or drinks. You should consume the soft, fluid, tepid nutrition not need to be chewed. Then you can start to consume daily food deliberatively.
10. Continue to your normal oral-dental care applications after 24 hours following the tooth extraction. You can profit diluted tepid salt water or mouthwash. These applications clean the wound zone, accelerate the recovery process, minimise the halitosis after extraction, avert the cumulation of microbe and eliminate the risk of collateral infection.
11. It is normal if there is some swelling on your mouth after being extracted with surgical operation. If there are some sutures, it has to be stitches opening in 7 and 10 days. You should be very careful not to play the sutures by your tongue and hand.